21 2 / 2013
I went with purple. I have purple satin pumps and purple stud earrings. It was the most fun shoe option that still had some tie to other accessories. Plus I have a purple cardigan I can bring in case it’s cold. I know that will dress it down a bit, but if I’m cold, it’s happening.
I was leaning toward gold accents, but my husband thought my gold shoes were too boring and not me enough because he always associates me with wearing a bright, bold, attention grabbing shoe whenever possible. So it won out.
If I had the money, I’d hire Chiconthecheap to be my personal and baby stylist!
09 1 / 2013
Intelligence is around 75% genetic. Not to say the other 25% isn’t important as well, but a lot is pre-determined. I mean, look at me and my brother, who were raised exactly the same and came out to be very different people in a lot of ways.
30 10 / 2012
a big THANK YOU to @bostonbrunette for the surprise get well gifts! This year’s diet coke shirt, obviously :). Awesome deep wine-colored Essie nail polish, Us Weekly’s special issue of the 100 best movie weddings (speaks to my interests, gosh she knows me so well), JK Rowling’s new adult book which I have been hesitantly dying to read and have almost bought like 10 times, movie passes, and M&Ms! :)
Plus the kids got adorable Big Sister/Little Brother shirts. She wins and I love her!
29 8 / 2012
I can ask A&W to call and yell at them - I don’t know how he does it, but it generally seems to work ;) In seriousness, did they sign some kind of agreement with a specific delivery date? Why do they get to deliver whenever works for them?
I might take you up on that the next time we move, lol! At this point, all the yelling or talking to supervisors or whatever people do to get things done in this world is too late. It was necessary when Travis was talking to the Randolph people that assigned our stuff to a moving company. This company never should’ve accepted the contract if they weren’t having an trucks go our way for a few weeks. GRRRR. They are required to deliver it by next week which is a month after they received the request from the fuck-ups at Randolph TMO (Transportation Management Office). No one cares that it’s 6 weeks after we submitted our paperwork and 3 weeks after our requested delivery date.
This sounds frustrating but what is an HHG? (So not military = so stupid).
Sorry! I get so used to using letters to speak I forget that most people actually use words. HHG = “Household Goods”. Which is what they call all of our crap that we need for daily life, but clearly place no importance on us actually having in a timely manner.
14 3 / 2012
this may be silly, but could you drink caffeine free DC?
Of course, and I do. But the main problem is you can’t get fountain DC in the caffeine free anywhere, and fountain pop really is the best of all. And it still doesn’t help with the whole no energy don’t want to be awake thing. Plus, I can taste the difference, which is minimal and might be more psychological than physical, but for me it’s there.
As much as I am sure this sucks now, that would be pretty awesome if it were a boy and you could be all done - just like my mom did, 2 babies right in a row - 1 boy, 1 girl - then call it quits ;)
Right!? It’s so funny when we got married and wanted a big family everyone was like ‘oh you just wait til you’re raising the kids, you’ll change your mind’ but the having of the kid is not the problem. It’s the damn pregnancy. I’d actually be all about adopting another kid or two provided we can afford to care for them and give them a good lifestyle to get 3-4 total kids. I just don’t want to keep doing this, lol.