08 3 / 2014
Sharing a hotel room with toddlers blows.
They’re still awake at 11. We’re lying quietly in the dark trying not to move or breathe.
They took absolute shit naps today AND we went to the indoor pool. They should’ve been passed out ages ago.
I just want to watch Nashville, drink wine, and be rested enough to not murder scout when she climbs on me at 6:30.
07 3 / 2014
I shockingly have some data coverage. We’re crossing into Kansas tonight but just barely. Still 8+ fucking hours tomorrow.
07 3 / 2014
""Lack of motivation" is a generally misunderstood symptom of depression. It does not mean that I sit around thinking, "Oh, I’m so depressed; why bother to do shit I don’t want to do anyway." It means not that I lack discipline, but that there is a mental disconnect between my conscious mind, which says I want or need to do X, and the part of my brain which actually initiates activity. It prevents me from doing things I would very much like to do, as well as things I need to do, rather than indicating simply a lack of interest in doing things which are not immediately rewarding.
If you want or need to go somewhere, whether somewhere you’re eagerly looking forward to going, or somewhere routine, or to the dentist for a root canal which you may be much averse to but have nevertheless decided will leave you better off in the long run, and you get in your car, turn the key in the ignition repeatedly, yet the engine sputters but does not engage, this is not an indication that you don’t really want to go anywhere. It’s an indication that something is wrong with the equipment you need to transport you there.
I am fully capable of sitting for hours, thinking periodically, “I need to pee,” then, “I really need to pee,” and eventually, “Damn, I need to pee,” before being able to jump start the part of my brain which engages with the task of getting up and walking the ten feet to the bathroom, and initiates the movement which allows me to do that.
The more complex the task, the harder it can be, because a more complex sequence of actions must be, in some sense, imagined and targeted before the actions necessary to bring them about can be initiated. Most people are unaware that this process even takes place, because in a healthy brain, it occurs swiftly and automatically. In my brain, it does not."
Probably the best description of that particular aspect of depression that I’ve ever read. At least, that’s how it is for me.
This is why it is super important and awesome when I spend my no-school Friday’s doing shit like I did today, instead of laying in bed and mindlessly watching Netflix while panicking about the shit I need to do.
(via severin)(via penguinperversion)
07 3 / 2014
Which means I have no idea what’s going on with you fabulous people bc there’s just too much to read.
I’m on my phone drinking wine from a plastic cup in a comfort inn somewheresville, az.
Sharing a double bed with a restless toddler at 11:32pm MST.
The captain is on a laptop trying to submit his masters homework before midnight PST and then get enough rest to drive us all day tomorrow.
I love you. I miss you. See you on the other side.
06 3 / 2014
sandersmcgee asked: 12, 20, 33
12. What is something you want right now?
I want a butler and/or maid. Because we’re leaving tomorrow for baptism/family visitation and we’re not packed, nor is the house clean. And we just realized that it would be best to leave before naps so The Capt it going to try and sneak out of work at lunch leaving me with far less time to get shit together.
20. what is your favorite song at the moment?
I like that this says at the moment because I totally go on binges where one song is ZOMG!THEBEST! and then I move on. I think currently it’s “let her go” by passenger.
33. something you want to learn?
more languages. I’d like to refresh my spanish and gaelic. and then expand out. maybe german or french. I think it’d like to stick to my current known alphabet so asian languages aren’t on the radar just yet.
06 3 / 2014
- 1. selfie
- 2. what would you name your future kids?
- 3. do you miss anyone?
- 4. what are you looking forward to?
- 5. is there anyone who can always make you smile?
- 6. is it hard for you to get over someone?
- 7. what was your life like last year?
- 8. have you ever cried because you were so annoyed?
- 9. who did you last see in person?
- 10. are you good at hiding your feelings?
- 11. are you listening to music right now?
- 12. what is something you want right now?
- 13. how do you feel right now?
- 14. when was the last time someone of the opposite sex hugged you?
- 15. personality description
- 16. have you ever wanted to tell someone something but you didn't?
- 17. opinion on insecurities.
- 18. do you miss how things were a year ago?
- 19. have you ever been to New York?
- 20. what is your favourite song at the moment?
- 21. age and birthday?
- 22. description of crush.
- 23. fear(s)
- 24. height
- 25. role model
- 26. idol(s)
- 27. things i hate
- 28. i'll love you if...
- 29. favourite film(s)
- 30. favourite tv show(s)
- 31. 3 random facts
- 32. are your friends mainly girls or guys?
- 33. something you want to learn
- 34. most embarrassing moment
- 35. favourite subject
- 36. 3 dreams you want to fulfill?
- 37. favourite actor/actress
- 38. favourite comedian(s)
- 39. favourite sport(s)
- 40. favourite memory
- 41. relationship status
- 42. favourite book(s)
- 43. favourite song ever
- 44. age you get mistaken for
- 45. how you found out about your idol
- 46. what my last text message says
- 47. turn ons
- 48. turn offs
- 49. where i want to be right now
- 50. favourite picture of your idol
- 51. star sign
- 52. something i'm talented at
- 53. 5 things that make me happy
- 54. something thats worrying me at the moment
- 55. tumblr friends
- 56. favourite food(s)
- 57. favourite animal(s)
- 58. description of my best friend
- 59. why i joined tumblr
- 60. ask me anything you want